Here we go again - Install problems

skypilot

Just D/loaded AU Green unzipped the exe file - did a test unzip - zero errors Unzipped file can came out to 967,252 k - as this is less that the zip file I gues it has not unpacked to the correct size?

I get this error NSIS error - more information at: http:/nsis.sf.net/nsis_error.

I am using a different unzipper to that I have used previously and I still get errors - really frustrating!

yes, I use free download manager (which never has problems with other d/loads - I downloaded MS VISTA SP 1 of oner 500meg with no problems) and it was a uninterrupted download - continuouse for 35 minutes or so - I will disable free d/lmanager and use MS IE explorer and try once more.

Hi Adrian

There's always these d/l issues after offering a biggie.  Ever considered providing the download in # parts (ie. 5x 200MB) ?

cheers

Stefan

I was thinking the same - I always have trouble with the (the other 2 releases) ORBX d/l yet every other d/l is fine for me - I can d/l a MS service pack of 500megs or more without any problems.

I am opting for the CD/DVD - will see if I can get blue, gold & green on the one CD.

And it is not just me that has the problems, many other people do too. It does not matter what download program you use - whether it is the inbuilt IE download or some other - Incidentally the both times I downloaded the zip file length is the same yet there were problems when unzipping. It also does not matter what unzipper you use I have tried zipgenius, 7-zip and the windows explore unzip - can't gat any plainer that that? and there are still problems - I am all for splitting it into smaller packages and seeing how that goes.

Archived