A4 Skyhawk

alexf

Great pics alexf - seem to remember - was it 1975 (shortly after Cyclone Tracy devastated the Northern Australian city of Darwin) that I stood on the tarmac looking up at six of these beauties from the Indonesian Airforce staging through Darwin on exercises? ....maybe I was dreaming.

Got some photos of a couple doing touch and goes on the Melbourne back in 81, wish digital cameras where around back then. They couldnt land becasue the melbourne was a bit old and the arresting gear unsafe so only normally had Grumman trackers and choppers on deck.

Got some photos of a couple doing touch and goes on the Melbourne back in 81, wish digital cameras where around back then. They couldnt land becasue the melbourne was a bit old and the arresting gear unsafe so only normally had Grumman trackers and choppers on deck.

So have I but back in the mid to late 70s.

Also have pictures of the catapult being tested alongside GID. The test "aircraft" Cloe, was a dead weight with wheels and launched off the catapult making a good splash when it hit the water then put back to do it again..... Big boys toys!

Archived