Out of the blue... Westland Wyvern S.4 for FSX

Jean-Paul Mes

I don't think there is anything to rave about, especially when you have flown the real payware Spitfire!

Freddy,

I think your expectations are set too high. Please keep in mind that these guys provide this plane for free. And by the way, this plane has nothing to do with any payware Spitfire.

Jean-Paul

Freddy,

I fail to see what the sense of your negative sounding comment is,

Jean Paul merely posted the message to attend us to a nice addition to our Hangars,

no more no less.

If you are not interrested in such than there is no need to comment,

unless it contributes to a usefull and constructive discussion,

and yes it is in no comparison in any form or way with the RealAir Spitfire,

because that's a totally different aircraft.

But I may add that this is a very interresting aircraft that is a bit unknown to the greater public,

hence the more I applaude the creator of it for a very nice aircraft to diversify our hangars, as for flying it,

a turbine driven aircraft always will fly slightly different to a engine driven or Jet Aircraft.

Thanks for this, I will try it out tonight, from what I can see a lot of time and effort has gone into this freeware product.

What does annoy me  >:( is pointless criticism and comparison to Payware. Please support all freeware artist or designers(sorry not sure of the correct term) as this only motivates them and it is there thanks for there efforts.

Also If you want to be a critic get in touch with the designer and put it constructively, that way they can learn from it.

Just my $2 as they say  ;D

Thanks once again for the post and thankyou to NAZCAZSTUDIOS for there effort and hard work.

Thanks for the notification about this aircraft, i was aware of the real aircraft as one of my past bosses used to fly the Sea Fury for the Royal Australian Navy and he did occasionally talk about this beast.

Going over now to download some serious horsepower  :) :) :)

I have found the S.4 to be:

- hard to slow down

- finicky on landings

- heavy in response to control at times, touchy at other

- hard to see over the nose when T/O - Landing - Taxi

- Screaming noisy at high rev, and disturbingly quiet on idle

In other words, I love it!  :)

I hope you know what I mean - it just oozes character and charm! A must-have! Would love to see a fictional RAN repaint!

I have found the S.4 to be:

- hard to slow down

- finicky on landings

- heavy in response to control at times, touchy at other

- hard to see over the nose when T/O - Landing - Taxi

- Screaming noisy at high rev, and disturbingly quiet on idle

In other words, I love it!  :)

I hope you know what I mean - it just oozes character and charm! A must-have! Would love to see a fictional RAN repaint!

I didn't get to fly it last night, but you made it sound superb, Basically It's a challenge to fly, It says in the manual it's tricky, sounds awesome

Cheers

Archived