FTX NZNI issue with NZPP after installing 3rd party scenery

delta9857

Hi guys,

First of all let me say that so NZNI looks AMAZING! You guys never cease to impress! Now, onto my issue...

I recently installed a scenery package for Paraparaumu Airport (NZPP). I installed it by copying the scenery/texture folders directly into FSX rather than installing it through the FSX menu (This is before I figured out how to get past the annoying Win 7 bug that makes this slightly tricky...). So now I'm left with no option to 'uncheck' the scenery's check box in the FSX addon scenery menu. When flying I encountered some nasty elevation errors and the left over photo scenery (all shown below). Is there any way I can fix this? Or will I have to reinstall FSX (Not a big deal seeing as I will be moving it to a SSD soon anyway)?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this as I know it's not an issue caused specifically by FTX NZNI so please remove this if it is.

Cheers,

Oli.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The leftover photoscenery:

Posted Image

G'day Oli. I would suggest that the easiest to solve this is to undo do what you did ::) In other words locate the folder/file that contains the NZPP .bgl file. (That will not be it's exact name but it should be where you installed it.) As you did a "hack" install I suggest it must be in the main FSX folder not the Add-on scenery folder.

Start off by doing a Windows search of the FSX using NZPP as the search. DO NOT delete any result that shows up in the Orbx folder, but delete ALL the others. The three Orbx folders are named ADE_FTX_NZNI_NZPP which must stay.

Thanks for the help guys, I will give this a go and report back if I'm successful or not.

EDIT: That seems to have done the trick, thanks guys! The photo scenery as shown in the last pic still seems to be there though, any idea why that is? It's no biggie, but it would be nice to get rid of it.

I'm assuming that you are talking about removing the photo scenery, Nick? I'll give it a go when I get a chance later today.

FYI I had the same "troughs" after disabling Robin's FSX Paraparaumu Addon in the Scenery Library and after deleting NZPPmin.bgl that I discovered in my Scenery/World/Scenery Folder NZPP works perfectly.

Cheers,

Bob R

Kapit Coast

• 8 months later...

Archived