Cessna 182 used for skydiving - w/o seats

alexf

Any fool that jumps from a perfectly serviceable aircraft is welcome to it , not this little black duck though.

I noticed there is no Yoke on the Right and a Foam ball has been placed there, also the backrest for anyone sitting on the floor facing rearward so the rudder pedals aren't compromised either..

Any fool that jumps from a perfectly serviceable aircraft is welcome to it , not this little black duck though.

I noticed there is no Yoke on the Right and a Foam ball has been placed there, also the backrest for anyone sitting on the floor facing rearward so the rudder pedals aren't compromised either..

This fool had great fun that day. I absolutely loved it but I really dont know if Id do it again. It was just a tandem jump. I was just along for the ride. I had a fantastic view.

Moree Parachute Club had a 182 A model VH-UNG with the straight tail back in the 90s. Same setup with just the pilot's seat.

Did quite a few hours jump piloting for them in VH-UNG and it was a lot of fun. Wasn't paid but a great way to keep up your hours.

Moree Parachute Club had a 182 A model VH-UNG with the straight tail back in the 90s. Same setup with just the pilot's seat.

Did quite a few hours jump piloting for them in VH-UNG and it was a lot of fun. Wasn't paid but a great way to keep up your hours.

VH-RHL was a straight tail 182 which I used in Papua New Guinea for para dropping - required to carry an evil looking knife to cut any hang ups free - I used to brief them if they staid on the strut too long they would get a poke in the ribs.......but that was in the seventies.

Great pic Alexf - brings back the memories.

VH-RHL was a straight tail 182 which I used in Papua New Guinea for para dropping - required to carry an evil looking knife to cut any hang ups free - I used to brief them if they staid on the strut too long they would get a poke in the ribs.......but that was in the seventies.

Great pic Alexf - brings back the memories.

Yeah or release the brakes if they're standing on the the wheel >:D

Archived