KCMW Black boxes around runway

Dieno

Hi,

I am new to this forum so I'm not sure if this is the right place to send my question.

I installed KCMW-Cushman Meadows from ORBX and it installed OK but I see a bunch of black boxes around the runway and airport. Is there a way to remove those and if so, how. Thanks for any help provided.

Dieno

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Same problem as above on KCMW. Worked fine on my Dell XPS 2. On my new computer Chillblast Fusion Hurricane loaded box version of PNW OK but KCMW has black monoliths (2001 Space Odessey) alongside runway and scattered around airfield. Have taken screen shots but do not know how to transmit them. Have search FAQ and done a scearch but can not find a guide on that subject.

ORDER N0 FSS0159312

DATE 2012-04-07

The cause of the black monoliths is the 3D Grass and Vegetation Boxes in the KCMW Control Panel. Untick the boxes and  restart your computer for a good clear out and there gone

This should only be a problem in the DX10 preview mode, however. If you're getting black boxes in DX9, then something is wrong on your system.

I was feeling so pleased with myself thinking I had rectifide the problem,failed again.Screen shot hopefully enclosed.

COMPUTER INFO

nshfU.png

Processor 4.5GHz Intel Core i5 3570k

Video Geforce GTX 660 2GB

Memory 8GB DDR3 RAM

Windows 7HP 64 bit

DirectX 11

I regret I do not know, and would not know what to do if I was but will fearfully investigate.

As well as the black boxes there are no aircraft in the hangers and no buoys on the water.

Application Paths Issue    C:\Users\DEREK\AppData\Local\Temp\wz81eb\OrbxFTXNAKCMW110.exe    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Persisted

I found this line in the registry it may be of use.

I regret I do not know, and would not know what to do if I was but will fearfully investigate.

As well as the black boxes there are no aircraft in the hangers and no buoys on the water.

Application Paths Issue    C:\Users\DEREK\AppData\Local\Temp\wz81eb\OrbxFTXNAKCMW110.exe    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Persisted

I found this line in the registry it may be of use.

Fortunately, checking for DX10 preview is simple. Launch FSX, and at the main menu screen choose Settings -> Customize and look to see if the DX10 Preview checkbox is ticked. If so, untick it, quit FSX, relaunch it and try KCMW again.

fsx_settings_customize.jpg

fsx_dx10_checkbox.jpg

If unchecking the 3D grass in the control panel doesn't work, then you've got other computer issues. Just for giggles, can you take a screenshot that's really up-close on one of those grass boxes? I want to see if it's grass textures with black boxes where the transparency should be, or just plain black boxes instead of textures.

Went to Orbex Libraries as suggested and selected the KCMW download.

Before I purchased my new computer I backed up my FSX onto and external hard drive.This FSX had KCMW and the Demo PNW in it I ran it on my new computer and apart from the bridge at Bear Gulch missing it functioned perfectly. As my Dell XPS FSX had more addons then a dog has fleas, the plan was to reload a clean FSX into my Chillblast computer C drive and just use Orbex and PMDG software on it. Purchased a box copy of PNW and went back to the FlightSimStore for the KCMW download since then the black box disaster. As other users are expirencing the same problem on different computers could it be the download and would a DVD loaded copy run OK???.

When I get my DellXPS back from overhaul will run load FSX. PNW and KMCW downloaded and see what happens.

Untill this problem is resolved I am somewhat reluctant to purchase any more Orbex addons, although the PNW DVD loaded and runs perfectly, or is it a KMCW/Computer  fault

I think you're misunderstanding what we're asking you to download. What you need are the latest Orbx libraries - not KCMW. Go to http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html

and scroll all the way down the page. Near the bottom is link to download "Orbx Libraries 130626". That's the thing to download and install after everything else is installed. The grass objects are part of the Global Orbx libraries for use in all our sceneries. The textures you're missing are in this library download. Give that a try and see if it fixes things.

Bill

Bill

This is so embarrassing, went to Orbex Libraries 130626  downloaded and problem is now solved, KCMW back in all its glory. Thank you for your help and patience.I am going to stop having ideas as the are nearly always wrong. Still learnt a lot and now know where to look.

Archived