CZST - brakes not working

mono6020

hello orbx. i searched the forum but couldnt find an answer:

the wheel breaks of my aircrafts dont work for me at CZST.

i tried with different planes from carenado, realair and MS built-in.

i can hear the break sound-fx of the plane, and FS displays the red breaks text on the bottom of screen, but it has no effect. happens on the runway and all over the apron. even when i taxi through the gras i cant stop the aircraft. parking break doesnt work either. can you help me? cheers

hello jan,

thanks for your input. i also thought about an icing issue first. but i tried at summer season, although im not sure what the temperatur was, and there was no ice visible on the runway. the thing is, even at very low taxi speed i can't stop the aircraft with brakes. if there is ice i should at least be able to stop the aircraft after a longer breaking period.

hi bruce,

thanks for your consideration. the throttle axis are fine. everywhere else i fly, throttles and breaks work just fine.

i will try a reinstall of CZST and report back if that fixes the issue

hard winter and normal bgl was active at the same time. after renaming the hard winter.bgl to .off the breaks work. i noticed i can't switch the setting in the control panel, i get an error message saying it was unable to change configuration

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem - my controls are fine, it's not the airplane either (tried different ones).

My control panel works fine, in summer the brakes work.

If this is supposed to be ice, please let me know if it's possible to turn it down, it's annoying and not particularly realistic, as nose wheel steering works just fine...

Hi Guys,

The hard winter version of the airport has a surface designated as "ice" and as such FSX makes the aircraft behave very differently, we have no control over how slippery the ice is though, it's either on or off.

Hm thought as much. Any chance for a patched bgl with the surface set to something else? (Wet, slush, whatever FSX offers). Only for those who want it of course, but I find the ice highly annoying...

Archived