"Buttkicker" alternative

Aussieron

I have installed a similar device as the "buttkicker" , but for a fraction of the price. I sourced this device from  JAYCAR  electronics store Cat No CS 2277 .The device is known as a POWER BASS ROCKER and can deliver a 15 kg vibration force! And can handle 50w power input.The device only costs AU $39.95 .

I have been using it now for a week and I am delighted with its feedback bumps and vibrations , especially with the default 737.

The device simply screws to the base of your chair with the screws provided. I am using an old low powered amp which is providing me with more than enough effects.

The subwoofer signal from the pc to the amp is all that is required.I have installed a socket and plug on the side of the seat for easy removal of the cable.

The device also works very well with my car racing games and combat FS and FPS games.

So,If your budget doesn't allow for the "genuine " device then this is a great alternative.IT really works!!!

I havn't tried any of these devices yet, but listening to the reviews of buttkicker it seems to emit subtle frequencies- i.e. can you distinguish multiple mechanical things happening at the same  time  - like raising flaps whilst taxing on rough grass or whatever ?

I'll let you all into a little secret, these units from Jaycar are the same ones that I used in a Dry Carpet cleaner I made many years ago.

A frequency sweep generator was fed into a 50 Wat SubWoofer Amp and this places on the Carpet on a rack where the dirt rained out due to the sweeping variable vibrations.

I have 3 of these in my car as Subs (they take up almost no room compared to a Sub bin to replicate the same low frequencies.

As a Low frequency device for the Sim whether it be racing or flight the exact same principle is employed.

Go buy your self a 50 or 100 Watt Sub Woofer Automotive Amplifier that has an Active filter in it and away you go.

I’ve been using the Jaycar product for about a 2 year or so.  However I use two, one fixed to the underside of the chair the other on the back of my yoke (home built yoke) this gives an attenuated force feedback effect through the yoke, eg you can feel touch down, flat spots on tyres (depending on aircraft) etc.

Robbo

Archived