Multi Monitor in Full screen (Have seen it)

Bernie

Hi All,

During a re-installation of the Nvidia Driver Version 301.42 I had both my monitors connected to my geforce 9800GT 512Mb. card and I had them both activated before the installation. What happened after the installation was both monitors would stay viewable when switching between Windowed mode and Fullscreen Mode. This stayed like this until I switched the computers off and then on again. They both worked flawlessly and was I able to run an application on the second monitor whilst running FSX on the other. So what is it that Nvidia are doing to not allow this to happen all the time or is it windows stopping it.

Kind Regards

Bernie.

Hi Marshkop,

I understand what you are saying but the point I was making was that it has never been possible with Vista to have two screens active when the main screen is in fullscreen mode. This has always been an issue and the point I was making was that it must be possible otherwise I would not have seen it. As I said, I had FSX running on monitor 1 in fullscreen mode and monitor 2 was also viewable with another application running on it.

Kind Regards

Bernie.

This works in Win 7 cause I've had it working with a 4 screen set up. I see the problem is probably Vista. I think,( if I remember) XP too supported this function.

I think this is bad information. My understanding is that it has never been possible to run full-screen with FSX and have access to the Windows desktop at the same time, regardless of how many monitors you have and how they are configured.

I think this is bad information. My understanding is that it has never been possible to run full-screen with FSX and have access to the Windows desktop at the same time, regardless of how many monitors you have and how they are configured.

Hi Mark,

It has continued to happen on the computers that I re-installed the same driver the second time. When I started FSX and turned the second monitor on that I run the Prosim737 Display Module on, and went into Fullscreen Mode, the Prosim737 Display was still viewable and functioning on the second monitor whilst FSX was running on the first monitor. I can switch between fullscree and windowed mode and it continues to work. I now have 2 of my computers that will do this, both running 64Bit Vista. Once I have worked out what sequence of events led to this happening, I will return here with the info. I know this is not supposed to happen but it has. I have 3 more identical computers that I will be trying also. It has something to do with me installing the Nvida driver version 301.42 twice.

Kind Regards

Bernie.

Once I have worked out what sequence of events led to this happening, I will return here with the info

Well if you can make this happen reliably and predictably, and in a way that works for others, I am sure you will make lots of people happy!

Oh yeah, bad info eh? It works, I'm not a computer programer so I cant tell you why. Usually I would ignor those comments. Your welcome for trying to help you.

Archived