'Stang Evil almost done

pilottj

Hey guys,

'Stang Evil is almost done. A few more adjustments and should be ready for upload. I did two levels of shine...well, one with the fresnel5.dds file which gives it a more subtle shine....one with out the fresnel gives it a nice over the top shine.

I had some good source material so I really tried to get everything right....right font sizes, placement, stencils(lack of)..etc. The only main alteration was keeping the fuselage tank cap....figured since the A2A version doesn't have a rear seat, might as well keep the rear tank for those long trips.

http://winsorwhitephotos.smugmug.com/gallery/5123134_mwdVG#!i=309388737&k=8NjbC

Posted Image

High shine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Regular shine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers

TJ

This one was tricky and took me about two days, but it was worth the effort. Every paintjob is a learning experience and learned a few things with this one.

Submitted to SOH and Avsim for upload.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy.

TJ

lol thanks, it has posted to Avsim. Actually if you remove the Fresnel5.dds texture from the other recent shiny planes I did..any shiny plane I think, it will increase the shine a bit. The tradeoff is, that while there is more of a mirror finish..the 'generic' landscape that is being reflected outward does become slightly more visible...which is fine flying over most FTX sceneries. If flying over water it might not be as realistic if the aircraft skin is reflecting a landscape. :) The fresnel5 does subdue that a little, as well as the shine.

Archived