Mabey you'll like this one better.A380 virtual cockpit

marshkop

I was never a fan of the side stick flight decks....Even this one with all it's bells and whistles. Makes it feel more like your managing systems and not flying an actual airplane.

Do Boeing pilots do anything more?

Do Boeing pilots do anything more?

Depends what tube you are talking about....Everything up to the 767 is a hydraulic system so the pilot is actually flying the aircraft with a yoke. No systems to overide him when autopilot is off.

777 and 787 still have a yoke with fly-by-wire and it still gives you a sense of flying an aircraft. The system is not as likely to overide the pilots commands.

the best airliner ever produced was the 757.....they don't get much better then that.

Boeings fly by wire is different to airbus's. In boeing's the control inputs are put into the computer and then the control surfaces moves according to the pilots movements. In an Airbus, the control inputs are put into a computer, which then decides how much input is actually needed and whether the inputs are safe, and then sends information to the control surfaces. Correct me if I am wrong though.

Ollie

Boeings fly by wire is different to airbus's. In boeing's the control inputs are put into the computer and then the control surfaces moves according to the pilots movements. In an Airbus, the control inputs are put into a computer, which then decides how much input is actually needed and whether the inputs are safe, and then sends information to the control surfaces. Correct me if I am wrong though.

Ollie

That is exactly how I understand it as well. With a 777 and 787 you are still flying the aircraft even though it is fly-by-wire. The only overide would be fail safe from a major event (like an EgyptAir flight 990 situation) but other then that the pilot is in control.

Airbus the system is in control and the pilots inputs tell the system what to do. The Airbus Guys are more like IT Managers then pilots.....when I grow up I would rather be a Pilot then an IT Manager....

Cheers :D

Archived