Israel's Farm Neighbour

SGunard

Hi Everyone,

Just had time for a short flight today so did a little hop from Concrete to Israels Farm.

On arriving overhead at Israel's I was a little confused as the runway alignments didn't match the options given in the ATC menu. After circling i suddenly realised that I was looking at the wrong airfield (Doh!) and Israel's was right next door to another (my excuse is that Isreal's is one of a number I bought in the April sale and I haven't flown from it yet! ::) Ahem.)

A quick check of the PDF documentation mentions another (not very friendly!) 'bonus' airfield directly to the south of Israel's, but doesn't seem to give any other information. Does anyone know the name or code of this airfield? Can it be selected in FSX's freeflight or flightplanner options? It doesn't appear in Plan-G (and yes, I did rebuild the database!) :)

Regards,

Israel's neighbour would be a private airstrip on private property. I've never been there but I bet if you were to land there in the real world without permission I would vision a farmer with a shotgun not too happy with you being there...

Arriving at these farms would also be confusing in the real world as well so what you experienced is not abnormal. You would circle a few times to get your bearings before landing.

Cheers :D

Israel's neighbour would be a private airstrip on private property. I've never been there but I bet if you were to land there in the real world without permission I would vision a farmer with a shotgun not too happy with you being there...

Arriving at these farms would also be confusing in the real world as well so what you experienced is not abnormal. You would circle a few times to get your bearings before landing.

If you're lucky ::) ! It depends, many will get mad, some may not even care. most people avoid landign at them without permission, because they don't like the idea of the former.

If you think of it this way....it is a little grass strip in the middle of a field amongst many fields, kind of like trying to find a needle in the hay at 1000' AGL and moving at 125 knots. Difficult in real world and the sim.

when I have a new Orbx field I start out from there, than circle the field to get my bearings from the countryside.

we have a small farmer's field near where I live, if you want to land there you call him on the phone and he turns on a strobe light on top of the barn.

I gave directions once to a fellow pilot, I told him to look for the red barn, later he said to me "do you know how many red barns there are near your house?"

Archived