KJAC install question

Rick2B

Hello everybody !

May I ask a question ? Hope it is the right forum section...

I have downloaded the full KJAC install and i got three files :

- OrbxFTXNAKJAC100 (1,02go)

- FTXNAKJAC setup2 (1,86go)

- FTXNAKJAC setup 3 (1,19go)

After having extracted all of them, I've only installed the first one and it looks like it works well...

Do i miss something like textures missing if i do not install setup 2 and 3 ?

Thanks and awesome work with KJAC !

Cheers

Hm, that is odd. The read me says to run the executable (I only used the one from the KJAC100.zip) and after running that, a message appears that states "Installation completed". Now, after reading this post, I run the other two executables and the same message appears after running each of them. The scenery looks absolutley the same after installing the other two setup files....

Edit: I'm sorry, I take that back. The scenery now does look differently, mostly the ground textures are different. Sorry again...

One question: Is the presence of certain AI aircraft dependend upon day or time of day? The first flights from or to KJAC I had different aircraft present than today.

Done ! Ground textures have changed indeed !

Now i can say i've been blown away twice !

However any idea how could i make tetons mountains look crisper ?

Which setting must i change ?

Is it something to do with cfg file ?

Thanks

@ Snorre : I hear you it's indeed a little confusing that after you run the first installer it tells you the install is completed, Jarrad had to split it up into 3 installers as there are limitations to the installer software in respect of the total size of the scenery, but it will tell you after each install that it has completed, as for the disappearing AI they are set to different timetables, some will only appear during the week and won't be there in the weekends and the other way around as well, this was do to get some life in the place and it doesn't look the same every time you land there ;)

@ Rick2B : once in the air try and pause the flight go to external view and use the Shift and + or Shift and - keys to zoom in or out from the background ;)

Thanks for this thread.

I also downloaded the full ziip package, installed the top file and received the installation complete message so I stopped. I've made plenty of installation mistakes so I opened the scenery and took a look. It looks very good overall but some ground textures were odd so I was planning to re-download and reinstall. Now I know that after I install the other files I'll see KJAC in its full glory. Outstanding!

Thanks, Cal

Does anyone find the "mudflats" or whatever they are, to be white? Maybe I have missed a file somewhere?

I guess that is the way it's supposed to be, checked on Google Maps, and they are indeed white. Just looks funny.

Archived