CTD's after software installation

Jezz006

After installing all my latest FTX purchases I've begun getting the annoying CTD's very regularly again, often only seconds into flight.

I was wondering if the following information from the Critical Events of Computer Management sheds any light on what is the culprit here to anyone more computer savy than me?

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4} EventID 41 Version 2 Level 1 Task 63 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x8000000000000002 - TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2012-05-09T10:17:02.688416200Z EventRecordID 147459 Correlation - Execution

[ ProcessID] 4 [ ThreadID] 8 Channel System Computer JESPER-PC - Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 0 BugcheckParameter1 0x0 BugcheckParameter2 0x0 BugcheckParameter3 0x0 BugcheckParameter4 0x0 SleepInProgress false PowerButtonTimestamp 0

I had this problem before, and with a fsx.cfg cleanup and using the Duplicate Object Finder managed to get the system fairly stable except for most missions and complex aircraft.

I've been reading up on "prepr3d" recently and was wondering if this may be a better long term solution to getting a stable flightsim environment?

Yours in Appreciation,

Hi Jezz,

You'll need to give us some more clues..

Which part of the world are you flying in when you get this particular crash? and do you get any FSX style error messages? do you have Ozx installed?

How about the UIautomation menubar crash, could it be this?

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply.

It seems my computer was having an "off day" as I've spent the afternoon happily flying in and out of many of the new airports I'd installed without any reboots of the system.

Apart from a major Windows 7 patch installation before it happened, the only other tweak I've done since is turn off all the USA photoreal scenery files from Gottfrioed Razak in FSX, thinking they may conflict with the Central Rockies scenery.

I have Ozx installed and when I searched the internet for UIAutomation menubar crash could only find extremely technical references that left me none the wiser.

If you could point me in the direction of a simple expanation of the issue I would be grateful.

Yours in Appreciation,

There is an issue with Hervey Field but I'll put it in a seperate post in case anyone else needs help with it.

The uiautomationcore.dll crash is caused by FSX not playing nice with the uiautomationcore.dll provided with Windows 7. There's a fix out there consisting of a download of the uiautomationcore.dll from Windows Vista.

I think this link shows an example of how to fix: http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=55716

The uiautomationcore.dll crash is caused by FSX not playing nice with the uiautomationcore.dll provided with Windows 7. There's a fix out there consisting of a download of the uiautomationcore.dll from Windows Vista.

I think this link shows an example of how to fix: http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=55716

Archived