CEN4 to CEJ4

Misha Cajic

Well I took my first flight in NRM yesterday but haven't posted the shots cos the forums have been down, so here they are. My first comments- Awesome! Spectacular region and I like CEN4 very much very nice addition. CEJ4 would be great also, but unfortunately I was getting horrible FPS there. Up to 20nm out of the airport I was getting 15fps, and on approach I was getting 10-13. I don't know what was causing such a hit, and since there was no control panel for the airport, I decided to go into the CEJ4 scenery folder and experiment with turning off some features. I gave both the dry grass BGL and the clutter BGL an .OFF extension, and went to test for improvements. WOW, up from 10 fps on the ground to 30! Since the clutter wasn't there anymore but the shadows were still present from where they were, it looked a little wierd, but for the improvement it brings, I can live with it.

I hope doing tha t doesn't breach the EULA or anything, since i'm not modifying or deleting the files, i'm simply disabling them.

Anyway here are the shots :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lovely textures!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I love this picture, the textures near the plane are great, and the mountains in the distance look spectacular!

Posted Image

Crop circles look awesome-

Posted Image

Haha thanks guys!

Great shots there Misha!

BTW You and Iain channelling each other? You both titled your topics the same way but in reverse. Not only that but posted at the exact same time; 1:11AM :o

No we're not, it's just a massive coinsidence lol.

Did you meet Iain along your route coming the opposite way? :D

Wonderful colors in your shots.

No he flew me back to CEN4 afterwards :D

Archived