Flying from Orbx to Non-Orbx area

pscharff

Hello,

I've got a question to switching the areas in FTX Central. What setting are you using in FTX Central when flying from an Orbx scenery to an airport of a scenery not made by Orbx? (e.g. YMML-WSSS).

I think if you set your FTX Central setting for the specified Orbx-region (e.g. Australia) everything looks fine at the Orbx-scenery but it doesn't look fine at Non-Orbx regions, and vice versa.

So, what are you doing?

Thanks,

Patric

The main difference you'll see in your example of YSSY-WSSS with FTX Central set to Oceania would be autogen in the non-Orbx regions. Assuming it's a long haul airline flight most flying will be over water and the effect shouldn't be too noticeable even on approach

Not to step on the post but please tell me what I need to have to have the option of switching to (Oceania)? Currently I do not have that option in FTX central.And what do I get when I do?

Thank you.

Not to step on the post but please tell me what I need to have to have the option of switching to (Oceania)? Currently I do not have that option in FTX central.And what do I get when I do?

Thank you.

You need to get the magnifico Orbx NZSI to get in the Oceania club ;)

You need to get the magnifico Orbx NZSI to get in the Oceania club ;)

Also achievable by purchasing any of the excellent AU regions or the entire 4-pack.

If you do not have any AU or NZ scenery, FTX Central will only display Default and North America as options. Likewise if you only own AU or NZ regions, FTX Central will only display Default and Oceania as options.

The main difference you'll see in your example of YSSY-WSSS with FTX Central set to Oceania would be autogen in the non-Orbx regions. Assuming it's a long haul airline flight most flying will be over water and the effect shouldn't be too noticeable even on approach

OK, thanks for the info. But I think this problem will occur more often in the future. When FSDreamTeam has finished Vancouver I will fly from Vancover to other American airports more often (e.g. KSFO, KLAX, KPHX, etc.). So you will activate "North America" in FTX Central but usually it should be deactivated in the other areas.

Patric

I would leave FTX Central set to North America when flying in a North American region made by ORBX (i.e at the time of this post PNW, PFJ, NRM, CRM), no matter whether flying to/from an airport that wasn't made by ORBX.

I'd also suggest you to visit the FTX Compatibility Forum here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/80-ftx-compatibility-forum/

Cheers!

Archived