~ Lancair IVP will not run "Hobbs.gau" after fsx.cfg auto-rebuild after v1.3 patch ~ ~

boxcar

Was having the same exact problem as Skyhawk11 recently http://www.orbxsyste...nw/page__st__20 with the closer terrain textures being blurry in PNW, though not quite as bad. Had taken Tim & Ian's advice by moving my fsx.cfg file out & allowing FSX to rebuild a clean one. Had put back into the new .cfg file only the following lines/relevant changes:

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

[Display]

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=90

(same locked framerate @ 24)

That's it, nothing else.

Worked! 8) Only now, the new problem, & one that may offer a hint to those whom may be experiencing a problem with the orbx Lancair IVP after version 1.3 update:

Running the modules one by one when first loading FSX after dumping the .cfg file, the "Hobbs.gau" will not allow me to "Run" it when asked if I want to, locking up for minutes while doing nothing.

Posted Image

When finally clicking "Don't Run" after several minutes then the flight popped right up with the Lancair ready. All other orbx modules went through after clicking "Yes", but not the Hobbs,gau. Thought this worthy of reporting.

Had thought I had figured this out for a minute. In my fsx.cfg file the following entry is found:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Hobbs.GAU.tqouokhlzbwhhwrteqwbkerrcrulhqcblnrkbunw=-2 <--- There is a minus sign just before the 2.

Removing this minus sign has FSX loading my default Lancair flight fine now as far as I know, though placing the minus sign back: the same. That minus sign before the 2 merely means that I'd clicked "Don't Run", correct?... though the problem of the module not wanting to load after clicking "Run" after performing the above continues to remain a problem for me after the latest patch. Maybe this will help you get it sorted out. Thanks again.

* recent related thread*- http://www.orbxsyste...__1#entry370244

Archived