I have installed the lancair and loaded it in the free flight screen as well as switching aircraft mid flight and all is well until i installed the latest service pack v1.3. Now when i attempt to load certain liveries fsx crashes a screen appears that says "Microsoft Visual C + + debug library, Debug Assertion Failed " and im prompted to abort retry or ignore. I have reinstalled the lancair from different downloads as well as different v 1.3 downloads and it still happens. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Urbin,

Was the error message longer than just "Microsoft Visual C + + debug library, Debug Assertion Failed" ? If so could you post the entire message.

Also, could you click retry when prompted and take note of any message that comes up and post it.

Cheers, Martin

Hi Martin

Thanks for the reply, Iv fixed the problem , found another thread that sort of covered my issue. I actually have a question about the fix. I removed the file that was creating the error a hobbs gauge in the fsx folder im assuming thats the engine time recording gauge but its still operational? the file was Hobbs.GAU file. Just wondering what the file i deleted actually was?

Archived