Two new Vids from the Dog Door - Lord Howe Island

dogdoor

I have been atttempting to polish my directors skills, please lemme know what you think.

http://vimeo.com/1736482

and

http://vimeo.com/1736692

I note zero comments to my prior "Sydney from a 747" clip, so hopefullly these two are a bit less crap

And yes, I have TrackIR, excessive veiwing of these clips may result in vomiting and epilepsy... :P

Cheers

The scenery is an ORBX theme.

The Aircraft - Mooney Bravo HD is FTX endorsed - check the free page on the main FTX site...

Also I link the ftx site on the vid..

Your response is a more than a little disheartening.. I have purchased the full suite of FTX software and love YMML for the sheer realisim. Similarly this scenery takes my breath away...

Guest SimFreak

Dogdoor get your act straight mate. You're on the FTX forum.  The HD Mooney is a nice freeware addition but still requires the payware Carenado. Lord Howe is Aerosoft. So basically 0% of FTX AU Blue or AU Gold is shown. We all know FTX main features aren't a HD repaint and a weather theme. I think John was being more than fair with you. ;)

That being said, try looking into programs like Walk and Follow. It basically gives you more panning freedom. Right now you use a lot of different panning movements within one take so to speak. It's usually best to avoid random panning. It's often confusing and hard on the eyes. This vids could use some polishing, though there surely are some nice parts in it.  :)

Appreciate the technical advice.. I will try out your suggestions, I am still grappling with the fsrecorder thing so it will take a few vomitty vids before I get into the swing of things.

Clearly my post is NOT applicable here.. Post with links removed. :'(

There no need to remove the links - the vids are fine, and nicely put together. Generally though, the community here shares videos using Orbx FTX addons, and the repaint and weather theme whilst being Orbx "bits", don't show FTX.

Can I perhaps encourage you to keep going with your videos, because they show a bloody lot of thought gone into them and I know making them is a lot of work. So why not download the free FTX demo and try some videos in Tasmania? Sorry if we appeared to "slam" you, that was not our intention :)

Yes, it did hit me as an unwarranted "slamming". I appreciate your encouraging response however. Just for context here, you should know that I have purchased the full suite of FTX software at the point each items release. So I do support FTX and the work they do.

There are a couple of my prior vids (with ftx scenery) posted here somewhere:

My first Vid:

http://www.youTOOB.com/watch?v=YBHIvOR86WA

change the above "TOOB" to "tube" to view...

&

previously unreleased here:

http://www.youTOOB.com/watch?v=W-bjOxKzxPg

change the above "TOOB" to "tube" to view...

Note the Pilot and Co-Pilot in the 1900d.

Who new that PMDG designers are Trekkies??

I fly with a Virtual Airline and I have nagged and pushed for the people I fly with to install the Tassie pack and the 160+ Ozx airports. One friend in Mt Isa (chopper pilot) is waiting eagerly for the nothern scenery bits, when these are released he will buy the lot. We recently did a VA (VAFS) coastal run of Australia and I regularly do hops of Tasmania in Twotters and 1900d's.

The side trips to the bush strips from various hubs adds amazing realism to these flights.

No worries and thanks.

I was taken back to see cap'n Kirk as pilot and Spock as co pilot in the PMDG 1900d!

Still, if it was up to me it would be Data and Jean-Luc Picard... Geuss that rules me out of the "old School" geek category...

Archived