FTX Central (FTXORBXLIBS_120328)

I have just dowmloaded and installed the latest FTXORBX Library and have been unable to get it to work. Everytime I try to launch the application I am presented with a window titled 'Unhandled Exception' which as I scroll through doesn't make alot of sense to me I have to admit but at the end sates something about Jit Debugging (see message below)??? Anyway, I have been using your products for some considerable time and have not come aross this before (Incidententally, FSX just not worth flying withiout you guys). I have tried re-installing and all to no avail can anybody help me? I have Windows 7 Pro 64 (all up to date) and FSX is working fine.

Thanks

DaveGi

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'W:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Regions'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)

at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)

at FTXCentral.FTX_Environment.LoadDataFiles()

at FTXCentral.FTX_Environment..ctor(FilesBase FilePaths)

at FTXCentral.PublicDefs.InitFTXEnv()

at FTXCentral.FTXC.InitSystem()

at FTXCentral.FTXC.InitAll()

at FTXCentral.FTXC.Timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5448 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

FTXCentral

Assembly Version: 1.0.2.7

Win32 Version: 1.0.2.7

CodeBase: file:///W:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Games/Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X/ORBX/Scripts/FTXCentral/FTXCentral.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5453 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5458 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

w3txnlnk

Assembly Version: 1.0.2.7

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5453 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0

Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hi Wolter,

Thanks for the speedy reply; I have indeed installed FSX on my W:\ Drive, it is soley dedicated to FSX and add ons and has been for over 12 months. Everything on it including all the ORBX products I have purchased have worked fine. It is only when I have tried to open this new application (FTXORBX Library ) that I have encountered a problem; it has not impacted on my FSX, or at least if it has I am unaware of any issues.

Sorry to trouble you with this Wolter are you able to help any further with this or am I missing something from your original reply (my apologies if this is the case), I am not experienced or knowledgeable enough to know how to rectify this without expert help.

Thanks for your help

DaveGi

Hi Dave,

no worries ;)

I've setup my fsX slightly different => E:/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/ORBX/Scripts/FTXCentral/Regions

not sure as to why you keep the extra folder structure => W:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/ORBX/Scripts/FTXCentral/Regions as in fact it's not really needed.

what strikes me as slightly odd is that you have had no issues with previous sceneries and now have so something must have changed

I always install all ORBX-FTX sceneries as Administrator, rightclick the installer icon and then select Install as Administrator.

did you try and switch the FTX Central proggy to default fsX and then install the ORBX Libs ?

did check if the folder Regions is present in the Scripts folder ?

I have attached a screenshot of how the folder setup structure is at my end, hopefully it helps you to determine what you are missing or maybe is different

Posted Image

To add to Wolter's suggestions above:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'W:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Regions'.

The bit in bold is the main clue to this, in laymans terms FTXcentral cannot perform an action because the W:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Regions folder seems to be missing

Have a look at that location and confirm if you see it or not

Another one is.. do you have the SP4.002 servicepack installed for Australia? you can check by: Starting up FTXcentral>>tools>>reports>>FTX products installed

Dear Wolter & Tim,

Thanks for your help with this it appears you are both right I suspect, when I install the application it does not create the 'Regions Folder', (W:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Regions folder), for some reason it creates everything else within \Scripts?? Also, Wolter I have tried to re-install with FTX mode switched to 'OFF' and by right clicking the install .exe to run as the administrator.

I am able to use FSX with my OBX add ons, tried YMML, YBCS while today, no problems with the software although obviously it will not employ the latest libraries. You guys any other ideas?

If not please accept my thanks for your efforts.

Warm Regards

Dave

Dear Wolter & Tim,

Problem resolved with your help, I now have a region folder and can access the FTX Central application; also, glad this issue was sorted before the week starts. Thanks guys for your assisstance over the weekend, I really appreciate the advice and guidance and speed at which you deliver it.

Warm Regards

Dave

Archived