Dwelllingup - Murray Field, Australia

Davepdx

If I didn't know better and having only flown over the mine 2 nights ago I would say that looks extremely familiar to the Wagerup Refinery. Which is part of OZx 3.3 scenery update. There are a lot of other mines around the vicinity like Worsley Alumina, Pinjarra Refinery and Collie Mines, they have all been replicated quite well indeed, and there are plenty more hidden gems in the greater West of Oz. Look for some of the several prisons in the remote areas.

if anyone is interested in doing a flight over this area see VATPAC's VFR Operations as we will be doing it this Friday and Sunday Night starting out at Bunbury [YBUN] to Jandakot [YPJT] and will be flying over the locations (Collie Mine, Worsley Alumina Wagerup Refinery) several lakes and a couple of T&G thrown in at Wheeler & Murray Fields, Garden and Rottnest Islands.

Details of the flightplan can be found under Daily Events - VFR Operations on the VATPAC Oceania website. The departure time is 10:00 zulu.

Come and join in some lighthearted bantry and the usual motley crew. You never know we might even get some ATC coverage around Perth just to make it interesting.

Archived