To uninstall CEJ4...

Hi folks, I didn't get an answer as to why CEJ4 is elevated 10 or 15 feet but I read somewhere that a reinstall may fix it.

So when it comes to these airstips, do I just go to the Orbx folder in the FSX main folder and delete the airstip in question?

I'm guessing that I should do that before I reinstall the airstrip but I don't really know.

The fact is that if this doesn't work, I really just as soon let it be. It's more a curiosity as to why the CEN4 installed correctly and CEJ4 doesn't.

Thanks

Hi there,

for the Northern Rocky Mountain package we needed to adjust the base elevation of CEJ4 to match our high-resolution terrain mesh. That wasn't necessary with CEN4, which explains the difference between the two when used with the default scenery. In other words, re-installing CEJ4 won't help resolve the issue; you'll either need to purchase NRM or find some other add-on that includes similar terrain data.

To completely uninstall CEJ4 first remove its scenery library menu entry, then shut down FSX and delete the entire FTX_AA_CEJ4 folder in \ORBX\FTX_NA and also ADE_FTX_NRM_CEJ4_elevation_adjustment.BGL in \Scenery\World\scenery and scenerylib_US_CEJ4.cfg in \ORBX\Scripts.

Cheers, Holger

Thank Holger! Actually, I'm about to go to the Freeware section and post a quick Kudos for CEJ4. Even though it stands up about 8 to 10 feet from the surrounding area, I plan to keep it because it doesn't really bother me much.

And more importantly, I'm keeping it beasue this is one really nicely done airstrip! The detail is just the 'usual' OUTSTANDING work that all you guys magically do! So thanks, But until I buy NRM, I'll put up with the 10' elevation, (pretty easily).

Thanks again,

Rich

Archived