Hokitika afternoon

G'day all,

Here's a set from a lovely late afternoon flight I did a couple of days ago in NZSI. It was a simple flight in the Tecnam Sierra from Hokitika down along the mountain range to Franz Josef Glacier, in REX real weather and utilising Shade and my modified version of Tim Fuchs' ENBPlus Sunlight. I posted one of the frames here as my entry in the screenshot contest, while the contest version is a raw capture, the version in this post has been mildly edited for contrast and hue. Oh, and I've chucked in one of my panoramas too...

Posted Image

Take off from Hokitika airport, late afternoon

Posted Image

Climb out, heading for 2,500' in lovely fair weather conditions. A beautiful afternoon for a quick jaunt.

Posted Image

Mmmmm. Shade really does help show off these wonderfully weathered NZ mountains

Posted Image

Nice slow cruise, 2,500' and tonking along at about 90kts

Posted Image

I love all these beautiful braided streams running down from the glaciers

Posted Image

This was the pic I entered for the contest, everything just gelled for me right here... the lighting and haze conspired to show off the mountain range just right. Easily one of my favourite pics I've done in NZ ^_^

Posted Image

Panoramic monstrosity. You'll want to click that for maximum embiggenation. Seven image stitch covering around 190-200 degrees horizontal FOV, blended and processed for a low dynamic range. Taken at the same location as the previous shot, I rushed the setup a little and could have levelled the aircraft (and hence the camera) a bit better. The tilt looks ok, but cropping it out to level would have meant cropping off the tops of the mountains on the left.

Posted Image

Lowering sky near Franz Josef Glacier as the sun nears the horizon.

Posted Image

Approaching the airfield as the last rays of sun bathe the Sierra with a lovely golden glow.

I hope you all like, please feel free to comment or criticise as you will :)

Cheers,

Derek

Yes ,this Shade and enb mods are real game changers . The trouble though, I find, is I can't stop playing around with it . Perfect one day ,messed up the next .lol . Great shots mate and all the best in the competition.

Archived