combatability with missions

lthendrix

I purchased some missions . in one mission the developer seems to have added some airport vehicles to salmon arm airport in nrm. I think I know what files to remove in order to prevent this . my question is I am thinking of buying mission packs from a certain developer that made my otter and another version of the beaver could you know off hand if there will be a conflict with orbx because alot of the airports in the mission pack is within my orbx scenery and I would not want to mess it up .

thanx in advance for any helpful info.

Hi there,

typically, the scenery elements provided with missions would be installed in a separate scenery library entry,which you could activate/deactivate as needed. However, it's possible that some of the mission scenery elements are required to complete them and if there's an incompatibilty with our airports that would "break" the mission. In other words, I don't know other than the fact that most of our airports have changed in elevation and location/layout so it's quite likely that there would be mismatches.

I'd suggest asking the developer whether he's tested his missions with ORBX regions. Of course, if all else fails you could set FTX Central temporariliy to Default FSX to ensure full compatibility with the mission elements.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger thanx but I would not want ftx on default.. think I will hang on and save my money for the next orbx release

Too bad Orbx doesnt have a mission department I am sure they would be good sellers

+1 ...

...for the missing Orbx mission department!

I recognized that lot of missions do not work with add-on scenery (of Orbx as well as others) since the airports and other facilities have been replaced. Thus you cannot reach the "trigger". For example in the "Whiteout"-standard mission: You cannot reach the airport to pick up the pregnant women as long as PNW is engaged.

At least John V could try to convince some of the develloper of such missions to consider that some freaks are not using the default scenery... I would be glad if the mission developer would take their time and supply a patch that relocates triggers and scenery objects for the most relevant third party scenery (such as Orbx!)

@lthendrix: visit the forum of the distributor of the mission packs and search there. You will find they are unable (or unwilling) to provide such patch. This is the sad truth …

Otherwise: What keeps Orbx from creating some excellent missions in their territory as teasers for the scenery and like someone wrote in one of the threads: I is certainly a good training and education for the developer as well.

Finally: What keeps us (the community) from trying our best to create some missions in the Orbx-community. Unfortunately I don't have any clue how to do this and my experience with mission building, repainting of aircraft and scenery placing is zero! But maybe there are some experts around and if Orbx would provide a new thread on this maybe one thing would lead to another… I would be happy to offer some beta-testing or to assist to develop a story.

Archived