Coffs Harbour

johnno

Hey, these freebie airport downloads are fantastic! Well done guys. Now up until a week or so back, my home town of Coffs Harbour was listed for development....but its now off the list. What happened? Will it be on again soon?

We have a thriving FS group here in Coffs and are eagerly awaiting the next John Ross edition

Regards, Johnno in Coffs

Hello Johnno and all the FS simmers in Coffs.

Coffs will be back but greatly improved. It was always an accurate depiction of Coffs but the next release will have a new finer detail photo background, remodelled terminal for greater performance, remodelled hangars and all perfectly blended to the FTX terrain in all seasons. But this will cost money and several hundred hours work plus a trip to Coffs to update some photographs and therefore reluctantly a very modest price will be charged for the next one - nothing too expensive just enough to cover costs and keep up the Orbx impetus. Hope you all understand the reasons behind that decision and you will not be disappointed with the end result.

John Ross

valleyjohn, that's just wonderful, as the original Coffs was really good anyway. Not at all worried about a "modest sum" to cover all your hard work, not forgetting all the wonderful "freebie" airports we've enjoyed from you over the years. To digress a little from this Coffs thread...would love to see Ballina NSW re-done though (as if you're not busy enough!  ;D) as the horrible standard textures are still there for this popular North Coast airport, now re-named for the tourist trade as "Ballina Byron". This was well depicted by you in FS9. Any chance?? Cheers, Malcolm.

(As posted on another "where's Coffs?" thread) - Here's an idea of the photoreal coverage. This is a raw comp file I've assembled so I can make John a bgl for model placement. Gives you an idea of the detail we'll be covering. The main idea is to ensure all approach vectors have detail. Source data will be about 60cm/pixel or better, depending on the filesize we want.

post-1-130203901225_thumb.jpg

Thanks to John Ross....yes we will pay up and smile 'cos we know you will do a great job. And John Venema...hey, I can spot my house in that satellite shot. Coffs Harbour is truly a wonderful place to live and we have an FS group with about 12 very enthusiastic members....if any of you are in Coffs on the last Tues of any month, come along to the Coffs Ex-Services club at 2pm when we have our meetings....we have use of a projector and a big wide screen.

Hello Johnno - that sounds interesting and if my next visit to Coffs coincides with the last Tuesday in the month might just pop in.

Mmglads, yes Ballina is a great little airport and I feel guilty at not upgrading it to FTX or FSX. It is in mind but will take a complete rebuild (and the new car park) but hopefully this year.

John Ross

Hi again John, thanks for the reply on Ballina Byron. Just to say - if you need any photos of Ballina airport, I live pretty close & could help if you haven't any other sources in the area. Cheers, Malcolm.

Archived