Can't leave the A2A P40 since I got her

alexf

I started a long trek in daily steps from Orcas (KORS) to see the new SP1 at Ketchikan (PAKT) with the A2A P40 What a plane! Can't seem to like to fly anything else.

Did a leg from KORS to Comox, but was not allowed to land due to overcasxt (IFR only) so I continued on to Campbell River (CYBL).

From there to Bella Coola (CYBD). Images from Bella Coola posted already.

Then on to Terrace.

1. Terrace, BC - RTMM Hangar

Posted Image

I took a short side trip in a C185 to look at one of the RTMM's places. I was not happy not on the P40, so I quickly went back to Terrace to pick her up.

2. Terrace, BC (CYXT)

Posted Image

Continued on to Prince Rupert (CYPR) and did some flying around the area, with a few touch and gos.

The next day, on to PAKT. What a place! Taxiing down the slope was fun. Taxiing up the next day for take-off was interesting. Thought I might have a problem with the temps but the plane was fine (with judicious throttle and cowl flap use). I think the A2A Spitfire will have problems there, but maybe not in winter (I always fly on real date).

3. While starting her up for the exit trip, a cruise ship went by. Nice!

Posted Image

4. Downwind at PAKT

Posted Image

Next stop at Wrangell (PAWG). I love this area. Have been flying here, between PAKT and Sitka and everywhere in between for years since my old FS9 days.

5. PAWG

Posted Image

6. PAWG

Posted Image

Today I reached Johnson Petersburg (PAPG).

7. PAPG

Posted Image

Love this plane. Have put several hours in her. Love how she handles, the sounds during taxi are awesome. I learned how to fly her properly. Every landing and take foff has been very good. The only minor repair I needed was to replace some worn brakepads. Not bad.

Might take a side trip in a plane with skis to re-visit some cabins, then back to A2A for the return trip.

I know how you feel mate, that P-40 is pure awesomeness. It is a warbird with the heart of a bush plane. It will get you in and out of most airstrips, cruise around 220mph..and it has all the accusim immersion goodies.

Simulatorflyer...Get it...if you like warbirds and bushplanes...this is the one. :)

Great shots Alex, especially the next to the last one, very nice moody lighting... I will save the route to try myself, also I didn't know PAKT had the moving cruise ships, very cool will have to try some flights out of there at sunrise and sunset to catch them coming going.

A great set of pictures Alex. I just rediscovered the A2A Spitfire for me once again... actually never left it in the hangar for too long, but just got more into it again recently over NZSI... but i wil certainly look forward for the P40 later on some time this year - until then: A great joy to follow such great pictures as those above here! Super!

Archived