Using CTAF or Equivelants

Bassman

Maybe I have some settings wrong, but in NZSI and indeed all other countries except Australia, when one enters a CTAF or equivelant frequency FSInn does not "tune in".

i.e. if you base yourself at say, Invercargill NZ and tune to 118.50 you get no green bars in the FSinn bar however at say Hamilton, Victoria, Australia (no, not Hamilton N.Z or Ontario.) you can make an announcement. You can of course contact ATC in all other countries if on line but I am talking about CTAF's etc.

Are there files for other countries that can be obtained and if so from where?

Cheers Dan

Ah who back gents you can use the proper CTAF and Unicom IF and only if you have the correct text ini file in your FSINN directory which looks at your geographical location and then if I am in the same CTAF Area and tuned to the proper freq then I can hear you but if some other pilot is 200 Nm away then he is not but you can communicate on the Unicom which is BS in it's relation to the real world.

VATSIM Worldwide basically is a compromise, as in the real world you cannot hear Joe Blogs announcing he is inbound to land at Kushman when your at 10000 cruising over the Snowies, which is why there are certain "CTAF" files around.

No it's not necessarily a VATSIM qustion specifically as they didn't have a clue this could be done until several of us at Virtual VFR did it .

I can post the Aussie files if needed but I have no clue as to the various CTAF and MBZ freq's in US and Can

Thanks Maurice, you have confirmed what I thought, that the original Virtual VFR forum guys provided a set of files particular to all Australian CTAF frequencies; I was just hoping that other people from around the globe had also do the same but alas appears not. So when flying outside Australia will just have to use 122.80.

PS: Surley someone in New Zeaalnd has done the same type of files?

Thanks for all the input anyway guys.

Cheers Dan

Archived