ybas photo real scenery

lthendrix

I have never asked for more than what I buy but I had to let you know about somthing I noticed at The Alice.

I am using the alice to learn how to fly and land the tubes better and it is a work of art ...and here is the but ... when I approach on runway 30 I can see a distinct line on the farther set of higher hills where the photo scenery ends and the regular ftx picks up.

it was a break in my virtual reality and I know most orbx stuff blends seamlessly into the terrain .

I just wanted to tell you about a seam I saw ... not a see through blue seam but a line of demarcation ., and I was wondering if it could maybe be smoothed . ::)

sorry Ian I need to set up a screenshot account I have not posted a screenie since the format changed .. It is not a big deal. Just trying to be a alpha tester LoL

I know the scenery needs to stop somewhere. It may be because I have my LOD radius set at 6.5 in the config file instead of the standard 4.5 and that is the only "tweak Im runnin" by they way frame rates are rockin at ex dense . ::)

I think he is talking about this, but to be honest I do not see how it could be blended any differently. The photoreal is the real Alice, and I can live with the severe change just to get the town I have waited years for Orbx to put out. Thanks again to the developers. Teecee.

Posted Image

Thanks Terry.

As I did the colour matching and blending, I can concur. The challenges really are maximising the use of the imagery, and blending into surrounding terrain.

Desert presents a difficulty, because there are sometimes not as many features to blend into.

This particular imagery has 3 colour adjustments blended in 3 different directions to match each corner of the surrounding landclass textures!

A harder blend edge is preferred, because soft blends just end up looking "smudgy"

Always happy to have a look at any rough edges though.

It is kinda odd to suggest it is a break in your virtual reality - FTX AU red is virtual so too is FSX and so too is YBAS photo real, its all virtual :-). I think I know what you are saying but really I cant do anymore than use the Photo Real imagery available from aerometrex and the join is the extent of it. You could look at it another way and say the adjoining land-class is not blended well with the photo real but that is just semantics, every person working on YBAS did their best with what was available. There are numerous custom landmarks, over 60km square of photo real coverage and so many good things to explore. You are of course entitled to your opinion but I think its is very small issue in the scheme of the world real or virtual - I am marking this as resolved.

You are correct sir. I am being overly picky and I can now understand the difficulty of blending the landclass with the photo in desert areas.

thanks for the technical explanations I know nothing of scenery design .

the quote about a break in my virtual reality. You see this airport and scenery are so good I forgot I am just sitting in a chair looking at a monitor.that line was kinda of like some one waking me from dreamtime. any way I am spending so much virtual time out in this desert I am getting a virtual sunburn!

Archived