Launceston ground texture?

bloodclot

Hi!

I just come across ORBX and thought I give it a try and downloaded Launceston freeware.

Dont know how it should/quality of freeware to look but the textures of taxiways/runways/aprons are blurry. Should it be that way?

Dont know how to give you a screenshot?

I liked to give ORBX a try before bying any other scenery.

Best regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

To post a screenshot check here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

As for you blurry ground issues, have you set the texture resolution to 7cm? Also make sure you have the Tasmania demo region so you can see Launceston at it's fullest. With the Tasmania demo region you also get FTX Central and Aero so that you can preview the high resolution ground detail maps

Regards,

Alex

Yes as Teecee said, it's best to have the AU Blue demo in addition to Launceston. With the AU Blue demo you can take advantage of the high res ground detail maps.

Besides that everything is as it should be, the runway is supposed to be an APX runway. Also remember that Launceston is one of the 'golden oldies' and the more recent airfields have newer tech. Check out the PNW demo and KHQM Bowerman if you'd like another sample of airfields and regions

@ Alex "Also remember that Launceston is one of the 'golden oldies"

Had a bit of a laugh at this, as so many still see this airfield as their home base. It may be old, but for me it's still the best, and I thank JV for it every time I go there. Teecee.

Bloodclot

Your second set of ground textures are about right for YMLT at 7cm The grasses and taxiways are from Satelite imagery. The main runway is default that is overlaid on the imagery. The cracks, tyremarks and lines in my images here are courtesy of REX Overdrive and are selectable in REX. Others use different REX texture sets . These create the illusion of higher resolutions. Newer airports are made from much higher resolution imagery from various sources..

Hope this helps.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Archived