is NZ sort of a preview of N Cal?

pilottj

I was flying around NZ enjoying the scenery, and there are many areas similar to where I live here in Northern California. Wine Country, rolling hills, mountians, forests, coast lines...etc. Flying around NZ with the great NZSI scenery really brought me 'home' in a sense for the first time in a long time of FS hobbying. Almost a 'preview' of the Northern CA scenery.

I would speculate that while orbx develops thier land class they are aware that certain places on earth look similar to others ...for example I have heard the area around the Mediteranean sea look similar to where I live in southern cal. I for one am looking forward to norcal !

I was flying around NZ enjoying the scenery, and there are many areas similar to where I live here in Northern California. Wine Country, rolling hills, mountians, forests, coast lines...etc. Flying around NZ with the great NZSI scenery really brought me 'home' in a sense for the first time in a long time of FS hobbying. Almost a 'preview' of the Northern CA scenery.

There just happens to be some similarities between NZSI and NoCal. I've been to both in real world and there are some similarities. I wouldn't say NZSI is a preview of NoCal as there are a few Kiwi's that work for ORBX that I am sure wanted to see this product through.....New Zealand is Australia's closest neighbour and it is great they choose this area to develop.

Cheers :D

Hi guys,

While we will be able to use a number of existing land classes there is a least two that will be new. One is for the rice fields and orchards in the sacramento valley and the other is for the miles of dry rolling foothills dotted with live oaks.

I was raised in the foothills of Northern California so am really looking forward to it. I've already gotten a headstart on the 361 airports, I think you'll be pleased.

Cheers, Neil

You know Neil, its interesting how scenery changes over the years. You are older than me so you probably remember even better. When I was little, 'wine country' used to have some vinyards but with lots of other agriculture mixed in...ie orchards, pastures, dairys. Since the last 20 years or so years it has turned into virtually all vineyards...thats where the money is I guess. There are still some orchards in the west Sonoma County near the Sebastopol area...Gravenstein apples

Anyway, looking foward to this release...in the meantime NZ is the perfect filler. :)

Hi pilottj,

My wife and I just this summer traveled south to my nieces wedding which was held in the evening at a winery just north of Santa Rosa. Thats become a BIG business (the weddings I mean) to augment the actual making of wine. I have to tell you that the atmosphere was wonderful and we enjoyed it immensly.

By the way, my twin brother lives in Sebastopol.

Cheers, Neil

Hi guys,

While we will be able to use a number of existing land classes there is a least two that will be new. One is for the rice fields and orchards in the sacramento valley and the other is for the miles of dry rolling foothills dotted with live oaks.

I was raised in the foothills of Northern California so am really looking forward to it. I've already gotten a headstart on the 361 airports, I think you'll be pleased.

Cheers, Neil

Also the miles of old growth redwoods on the coast. Hope you don't forget murray field (keka) which is not far from my house. Currently in fsx it is surrounded by forrest which is completly inaccurate.

There are still some orchards in the west Sonoma County near the Sebastopol area...Gravenstein apples

That is a very beautiful part of the very far north San Francisco Bay Area, and those apples are absurdly delicious. :D

Cathy, there was a lot of tobacco growing in and around that region wasn't there? that only comes from memory as I never actually travelled to that region in those years, you would know.

Regards,

Jim.

Archived