PAKT Ketchikan static aircraft and PAPI question

borisvp

Hi,

as you might see in my signature, I'm a victim of the ORBX Xmas sale ::) PAKT was among the downloads that hit me unexpectedly.

I understand that the whole airport is a 3D model and therefore no AI is possible. But there are these two guys on the ramp who are loading luggage into - well, nothing. Looks quite strange. Is it possible to have let's say a static Alaska Air 737 at that position?

My second question is about the non existing PAPI - at least I can see none. Did I miss something or could a PAPI be added?

Regards

Boris

PAKT has a newer version of the ORBXLIBS. If you installed any other airfields after PAKT, your LIBS would have been reverted back to an older LIB. Two ways to fix it. 1- leave it as is until the newest LIBS are available. Or 2- delete PAKT and reinstall but don't install any LIB you may have.

The PAPI is a difficult beat to tame with this airport, due to the way this airport is modelled compared to any other, it's a bit hit and miss as to weather FSX decides to render the PAPI effects infront or behind the airport model. We have not found a way to cure this yet. This is not normally a problem with making airports as nearly all airports in FSX are made completely flat, and FSX always draws effects infront of FSX mesh, however the airport terrain at PAKT due to it's unique nature is made from modelled geometry instead of standard terrain mesh, therefore FSX 'draws' the terrain model in front of the PAPI effects. The only sure way to ensure PAPI works 100% is to make PAKT a completely flat airport, which of course takes the whole point of the project away!

Russ.

Archived