Thats is what my FSX is about ...

JanTenner

With the discussion about the news concerning Flight in mind and my new processor giving me the chance to fire up FSX with much better settings I decided to write a few sentence about what makes the FSX such great for me. I will show some pictures of a flight from YPEC over YWVA to YWOL in the Diamond Katana. I used the real weather realized with ASE and REX-theme and shade-settings from Wolter. I dont use the enb-mod.

Posted Image

Departing at YPEC after doing the whole preflight

I very much like this air strip. The strip itself is nothing special beside the well placed People flow and the nice sounds. But the scenery is awesome. The beaches and sand banks are looking great and the nearby power plant is also eye candy. Well, during my flight the weather wasnt that good but I am not good weather pilot ;)

After doing a short landing at YWVA with annoying traffic (I had to avoid traffic during landing after I did my traffic announces and being in final) I started again and headed for Sydney.

Posted Image

Looking at the Skyline through the little window

This place was very busy. Air traffic control dindt have the time to catch some breath :)

Afterwards I headed for YWOL. Approaching from the south I flyed over the airport

Posted Image

did a traffic circuit and landed at runway 16.

Posted Image

Afterwards I put my little Katana to rest to write this little article :)

Posted Image

And this flight has been what FSX is about, the whole package of immersion.I had a good environment by REX and ASE. I had the scenery of Orbx which gave me the feeling of real VFR. I did just one flight in real so thats nothing makes me an expert in this topic. But the look of approaching an airport from Orbx is quite similar to a real approach (of course there are differences according the response to input etc, just talking about the look). Also doing pre-flight and shut down at Orbx-airports gives you the feeling of being at an airport with the flows and surrounding sounds.

Last but not least the Katana gives another big ammount of immersion because on one hand it looks quite good and offers a lot of details and on the other hand you have to take care of it. Misbehaviour can lead to failures.

This is why I like the FSX that much. I did much tweaking with my new cpu, had several crashes and oom and had to lower the setting a little bit. But after this fight I am totally satisfied because it felt like I really did this flight. And till (if ever) Flight will get there it will be a long time.

Archived