Trojan banker virus found in FTX day/night exe. [Malwarebytes false positive]

JohnJJr

I switched to ftx night lights for the first time yesterday and took a night flight. It was amazing. But now for the bad part. I decided to run a virus scan with malwarebytes like I have done so many times before after installing pnw. This time it had detected 2 trojan banker virus in the ftx orbx lights folder. I then quarantined them and deleted them. Now I have lost mt ftx day/night switch icons off the desktop. How can I restore them and how could a trojan banker virus find it's way into a orbx product? I bought pnw on disk legally and have downloaded updates from your site only. How can this happen and why do people have to screw up even the good things in life you to try to enjoy. >:(

Hi, this is a false alarm that has been popping up. It appears anti-virus software, mainly McAfee, is flagging the Day-Night switcher as a virus. To restore them, I believe the latest libraries include the Day-Night switcher. If they're flagged as a virus simply remove them from quarantine and it's often best to tell your AV software not to scan the FSX folder.

However I can assure you there is no danger in them, just overzealous anti-virus software that will hopefully be addressed to stop this issue from happening.

A quick search with the term Trojan may have found your solution as this has been reported numerous times recently. It seems to be a problem with some particular antivirus programs

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/40686-day-night-trojan-detected/

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/39960-daynight-switcher-reported-as-a-trojan/page__hl__trojan__fromsearch__1

Archived