PNW Demo and Diamond Point

KelB

HI

I am from the UK and have just heard the very exciting news that FTX scenery for England is likely to be developed next year.

I am currnently using UTX, GEX and REX together with Earth Simulation's UK Airfields collection and their high resolution scenery for the Channel Islands which is outstanding.

I would like to see how the FTX scenery compares. I am thinking of buying one of the payware airfields such as Diamond Point or Cushman and using it with the PNW demo as a trial.

I understand that the PNW Demo is limited to the Spring season - will the purchased airfield be limited in the same way using the demo area? Or will I be able to eveluate the seasonal effects actually on the airfield.

Are there any other issues with using either of these airfields with the Demo?

Thanks in anticipation.

Hey,

welcome to the forums!

The PNW demo covers the Olympic peninsula only, and Diamond Point is not part of that. But Chushman is. So I would buy Cushman, which sits in the Olympic Peninsula.

Ah the seasonal effects... well for the demo you would only see spring textures, but the Cushman textures are seasonal, so you will see different textures in summer/winter/spring/autumn.

cheers,

Misha

The PNW demo is a perfect way to get a free 'sandpit' to try both our freeware and payware airports. As you know it comes with KHQM Bowerman already, but you can also purchase the following:

KCMW Cushman Meadows

2WA1 Diamond Point (includes a bonus 2nd airfield)

0S9 Jefferson County (includes a bonus 2nd airfield)

So for three purchases you would get six airfields to visit, plus of course plenty of upgraded default airfields inside the demo region itself.

Archived