S43 Harvey Field Traffic Issue - Something didn't work right in my install

fltsimguy

Did not take me long to find that my traffic was not right. I had the Central set to NA during install.

I will try an switch to default and then back to NA to see if that fixes it. But here is what I am experiencing, traffic in the river and running through buildings at the airfield. Its likely the underlying tracks for the default scenery or something.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/415_2011_dec_18_001.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/111_2011_dec_18_002.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/406_2011_dec_18_003.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/240_2011_dec_18_005.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/809_2011_dec_18_004.jpg

Any other suggestion?

Read the guide, previously installed the patch.

Are you saying I need to reinstall 004a? I can do that again.

edit, i did realign all my sceneries in the library, and set new insertion point but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

I will shut down and reinstall the latest patch again.

You have to reinstall the patches after scenery installs. I just installed patch004a 2 days ago but then installed Harvey this morning and then reinstalled patch 004a again. This is a must; if you don't you'll get cars driving thru buildings and along misaligned roads and no bridge for the cars on the other side of the airfield.

You have to reinstall the patches after scenery installs. I just installed patch004a 2 days ago but then installed Harvey this morning and then reinstalled patch 004a again. This is a must; if you don't you'll get cars driving thru buildings and along misaligned roads and no bridge for the cars on the other side of the airfield.

Yes this was my experience. If it was not intended to require a reinstall of 004a then something is wrong.

Hi Danny,

This is not true of region patches - they are independant of airport scenery files and are designed to be able to be installed before or after airport sceneries, since the airport sceneries themselves do not contain any road/traffic adjustment files. You say you re-installed the PNW.004a patch - is that because the traffic was misaligned, or was that just a habit of re-applying region patches after airports (which as I said is not necessary).

I have asked the S43 team to investigate, but I have just done a double-check of the scenery master files and I cannot see any files which would affect roads/traffic alignments in the build.

Hi Danny,

This is not true of region patches - they are independant of airport scenery files and are designed to be able to be installed before or after airport sceneries, since the airport sceneries themselves do not contain any road/traffic adjustment files. You say you re-installed the PNW.004a patch - is that because the traffic was misaligned, or was that just a habit of re-applying region patches after airports (which as I said is not necessary).

I have asked the S43 team to investigate, but I have just done a double-check of the scenery master files and I cannot see any files which would affect roads/traffic alignments in the build.

John,

When I saw the car traffic driving through the yard of the mansion I thought back to the last screen of the installer where it reminds you to install the latest patch. I didn't think that I would have to do it again but I thought I would try it before asking for help here. After the reinstall of 004a everything was perfect. I just chocked it up to a failed install of 004a the first time.

• 1 month later...

I installed S43, along with 74S, 0S9 and PAKT yesterday (DVD boxes on all). The .004a patch was definitely installed "before" I started installing them (back when it first came out actually) as I checked FTX Central / Reports / Installed, first before installing all 4. I noticed the traffic issue around the airport so it looks like the .004a patch does require re-installation (I will try this later). I have not checked 74S or 0S9 for traffic issues and nothing obvious appeared at them as I flew from one to the other on my way to S43 this morning from Diamond Point. I will check them out again before I try re-installing the .004a patch.

However, after installing PAKT and PAKT SP1 (last of the four) yesterday my libs is now 111225. If I re-install the .004a patch do I have to re-install the libs as only 111207 is currently available for download?

Also,and it's a small point, the box front plate artwork says Harvey Field, the spine says Hervey Field but I think Hervey (Bay) is an AU airport addon. The disc is Harvey Field.

Archived