Undocking a view - help please

squeeker

Hey all.

Does anyone know if you can modify the panel.cfg (or any other FSX file) for a given aircraft so that :

1) when you select a view (eg Radio Stack) from the "views/instrument panel" dropdown, that it is automatically "undocked"?

2) when you load a given aircraft that certain view windows (eg Radio Stack, compass etc) will automatically be opened?

Thanks in advance

I hope I've phrased that in an understandable way  :D. Steve.

The best way to answer your question is direct you to the following.

From my experience, this is the best tool around for doing panel edits.

http://www.fspanelstudio.com/

Also, go to the "MSFS Aircraft and Panel Design Forum" on AVSIM. Not the most reponsive forum, but I don't know of any other on the subject.

Hope that helps.

Matts option is one although I don't know just what the Panel studio can do ,

You could also Window your sim  then undock and position the views as you like and then reapply Full screen. THEN Save the filght, all the settings for that flight and Plane "should" stay put ,

Drop down views in Full Screen are always undocked and are moveable.  I use TH2G and move ATC, GPS, radio stack, autopilot, whatever, across to a a fourth screen without difficulty.  This lets me fly in spot view for instance to enjoy the great FTX scenery while still being able to control the aircraft.

I think what sqeeker means is when you click on a panel it opens already undocked. Although i think what maurice said would work if you save your plane in the state where you want the panel views to be. I find it very fustrating when i fly the level d that i have to undock the fms and other panels onto my second monitor everytime i fly it.

Shane

I think what sqeeker means is when you click on a panel it opens already undocked. Although i think what maurice said would work if you save your plane in the state where you want the panel views to be. I find it very fustrating when i fly the level d that i have to undock the fms and other panels onto my second monitor everytime i fly it.

Shane

Yep that's it Shane. I don't think my initial question was too elegant. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm just a bit lazy and don't mind tinkering with the configs so I thought maybe I could set it up automatically to undock as Shane described. If I reload a saved flight it does "remember" my configuration. No biggie  ;D

If you switch to Window'd view you should be able create the windows where you want them and then switch back to full screen the windows should stay put, you save the flight and it should stay put  BUT FSX is a bit funny with it's views I've found.

If you switch to Window'd view you should be able create the windows where you want them and then switch back to full screen the windows should stay put, you save the flight and it should stay put  BUT FSX is a bit funny with it's views I've found.

Yeah, I find even shuffling between views with the A and S keys sometimes causes my undocked windows to randomly vanish. FSX is the best vehicle for this addiction at the moment. I just can't believe what the ORBX guys manage to do with the basic "product" from Microsoft.

Archived