My Dilemma

qantas747

Hey guys,

Today is my birthday and I received some money from my parents. I will be receiving more money from family members and along with some of my own money, I will have enough for a new computer. But I am also doing flight training and for the same cost as my computer I can get myself 4 or 5 lessons at Camden airport. My dilemma is that I don't know which one to choose. I would have access to the computer any time I wanted, while the flying lesson time is limited. But then I really enjoy flying lessons and it is so much better than FSX flying, but it doesn't come around as often. If you were in my situation what would you guys do?

Thanks for the help,

Ollie

Yeah, I'd also go for the computer for now. It will last much longer and sooner or later you'll again have enough money for the flying lessons.

But... $1000-$2000 for 4 or 5 flying lessons? Seems a little bit overpriced to me, I would assume that something like that would cost at most $600 :blink:

Hi Ollie,

The fact that you have to even ask the question indicates that your passion is not strong enough at the moment to sacrifice everything for learning to fly - ergo, buy the computer and when you win tatslotto or get a well paid job go flying. 8)

PS - you could try this - toss a coin and when it falls, gauge your immediate response to the result - either disappointment or a warm glow of content - and the decision to be made is then obvious.

Archived