Joy

Guest J van E

Guest J van E

Water looks great . Let me be the first to ask....what settings ?

It's in Dutch but the sliders are universal. ;)

Posted Image

And I (obviously) use REX's Sparkling reflection.

Guest J van E

A very fine picture! Truly nice watersettings - and the clouds - i realy like th way the clouds appear her ein this picture J van E! All very fine!

Yes, I am spending a lot of time lately just watching the clouds, I have to say...! They remind me of those old paintings of old Dutch masters! When I bought ASE (or whatever the version was called back then) I somehow didn't get it running well and I almost forgot I had it. It wasn't until sometime ago that I decided to give ASE another try and now I've got FSX running properly, I have to say the ASE skies (with REX textures) are truly STUNNING! Having realistic cloud coverage is VERY important to create a realistic and immersive experience!

I've been flying a lot with the date set to specific days in May 2011 and I have ASE set to use the sim time: that way I always get the historic weather from the day I am flying without having to load historic weather (which isn't that good because it isn't updated: when you force ASE to use the sim time, you still get updated weather from that day). BTW I do have set minimum visibility to something like 10 miles otherwise I am flying in fog too often... I don't want things to be TOO realistic... ;)

Loved the shot so much. So I just tried out those FSWC setings and they look amazing! Thanks J Van E!

Cheers,

Clem

Ah, I am glad you like the settings. I like that dark moody water more then the default light blue.

Archived