Changing views

Aussieron

When changing views on fsx, some times the rendering of the cabin or  the outside  view can take up to 30 seconds to turn on ,leaving a greyed out image.My system is  Intell 8400 cpu with 4 gig ram and  2 x msi 8800gt oc 512 graphic cards.

Is there a setting with in fsx to tweak to avoid this ,or is this a common problem.

When i read the first line of your post i thought "non enough RAM or graphics memory" however, on reading further and finding you have ample of each, the next cause on the possibility list would be a fragmented hard disk! The grey model you refer to is the 3D model data represented before the texture has been applied to it, this means the texture retrieval is taking some time to process, seeing as you have plenty of system and graphics memory i suggest you run a thorough defrag to ensure your textures are not scattered all over your disk.

See if that helps mate?

Russ

Reboot your PC and when it boots to windows hit Ctr+Alt+Dlete and select the processes tab and let us know how many things are running. Don't worry counting svchost.exe then we can start screwing down any programs that are running in the background. With a system like that my guess is that it's not tweaked to perform so is this XP OS your running? How much crap have you got installed or when was the last time you did a clean up? Do you feel comfy editing the registry? If you are hit me a PM and I will give you some grunt busting registry hacks that will put a stop too all Microsofts BS and make that system develop horse power.

What graphic drivers are you running?

Also what bloatware security program you have?

Archived