Recording on FSX

Hi guys,

ok now i was wondering what is a good porgram to use to film / record stuff in FSX.. a guy told me once before on how to set up your comp so it films alot smoother something about putting the filming program to run off one core or something to make it run on diff one to FSX, now im not sure what im talking about just trying to remember what he said, but if anyone has a way to do it, to get a good result on an average computer?

You can do this with FRAPS but there are other recording tools around not the least of which is "FSRECORDER"  but to be honest I think these suck as they are not fluid as you would ecpect.

My prefered option is to record direct to Video Recorder , this results on the highest quality that can be produced without loading things down with other software tools, BUT I digress.

You could send the Video direct back to your HD via a capture Card or USB Dongle Both of which are less resource hungry than ON Board internal Software like FRAPS etc. once captured you can edit at will.

Now that being said  you can use the inbuilt playback and then record with FSRECORDER and then record the same thing say 5 times but from different vantage points and then edit it altogether with the exact same audio and time line. making things look seamless.

Maurice, your post seems to misrepresent what fsrecorder actually does. It captures data about a flight, not video, so it's not very different from the inbuilt recorder, i.e. fsrecorder doesn't record the original vantage point of the camera. An advantage it does have over the inbuilt recorder is that it can replay a flight as traffic.

You'd need to use a tool like FRAPS to get video from different vantage points by replaying a flight recorded with fsrecorder.

Greg

Maurice, your post seems to misrepresent what fsrecorder actually does. It captures data about a flight, not video

Yes I realise that and I assume it is basically vector info ie speed, direction, attitude, Lat Long, Alt   etc but from what I've seen (at least on my system) and like many you tube flight Vids that I've seen that used "FSRECORDER" it seemed that the movements were slightly robotic.

My terminology might be incorrect but I think I may have explained it better here.

When using fraps or fsrecorder, do your recording at half speed and playback at full speed ;)

Sorry Wolter ....1/2 speed? Is that running FSX at 1/2 speed??

Archived