VFR Events on Sunday

pphibbs

Hi Guys,

Re: VATPAC VFR Events conducted on a Sunday (a repeat of the Friday event)

We've noticed a drop in interest in the Sunday events and on a number of occasions there have been only one or no pilots participating with ATC in attendance for the event. ATC is an important component of our events and we appreciate the effort the controllers make to bring our events to life with a more realistic flavour.

I was considering dropping the Sunday all together but considered this could be an opportunity to encourage those that might be intimidated by the presence of ATC and the need to "get it right" when flying on-line. Therefore, as a trial, I intend to repeat the Friday event on Sunday as usual but the Sunday event will be an ATC free event which will allow an easier transition into the Friday events and allow the pilots to get used to making radio calls.

I will be re-running the Radio Training event following the conclusion of Tassie Tigers (two events to go).

I hope the above change to the Sunday events encourages more of you to fly on-line. Please feel free to make all the mistakes you like, as often it is through mistakes that we learn. This initiative will commence with the next event.

Have a great week.

Regards,

Paul Phibbs (VH-FIB)

VATPAC Event Planner - VFR Flying Manager

If anyone had the troubles i had with fsinn i wouldnt blame them for not being online. However if i get time between my business i will jump on for a fly. I have been on a few of your events and thouroughly enjoyed them.

Shane

Archived