quick MP question

teecee

When flying MP.. is it better to use a server close to you physically, Ie a US one for me, or to use a server close to the station you are flying from..IE.. UK1 when flying in the UK.. Oceania when flying in Aus..sorry if this is covered somewhere, but it is something I have often wondered about.. Teecee.

That depends mate if it is VATSIM then obviously you connect to the US server as they ( the Servers) are linked via the NET backbone and this sync is relatively fast.

Get and Run ServInfo and ping the various server's  see which one has the best all round traffic response is and then set the fastest server to your physical Geographic location.

As for general FSHOST then the lower the ping the better in general but there are a lot of other things that can affect this too.

Maurice..Your reply was a bit hard to follow.. I am in the south of North America.. so.. should I use a server here when flying in say the UK, or use UK1, and oceania when flying in Aus.. It would seem like a sensible thing to use a server close to my physical situation on the globe, but I am not sure.. Teecee.

Archived