NEW Intel Core i7-2700K Processor

rockliffe

Well, I'm one of these guys who are still on the 1366 Socket. I'm wondering whether Intel will come out with the i7-995x or not. In this case I'd probably stick with the socket for at least 1.5 years and just replace my current i7-950.

Of course Sandy Bridge looks attractive, especially on the price side. But you all know the pain to set up a new system. Just upgrading the CPU would be a much easier option.

I think it is new . Its that one we have been waiting for to be released Q4 this year...GOOD ..now for the next stage of the plan ..I7 2600 price drops. The plan is starting to work ..hahahaha

This chip sounds like dynamite .

I think you are getting confused with the replacement for the 1366 platform, Alan.

This is another Sandy Bridge chip that is designed for the existing 1155 boards.

"Good one, Intel. I just bought a i7-2600K last week!!!!"

Frank

The 2700K appears to be another LGA1155 desktop chip, with a 100MHz bump up from the 2600K at stock. It is not a new generation of chip, as this one is still Sandy Bridge. The two new generations are Ivy Bridge for the existing LGA 1155 and Sandy Bridge-E for the new LGA 2011. Sandy Bridge-E is the new enthusiast class to replace the last generation like the i7-990X, and is a 130W design as opposed to Sandy Bridge's 90W design. The 2700K is anticipated to slot in at the current price of the 2600K, so the 2600K should come down a few dollars.

Cheers,

Derek

The 2700K appears to be another LGA1155 desktop chip, with a 100MHz bump up from the 2600K at stock. It is not a new generation of chip, as this one is still Sandy Bridge. The two new generations are Ivy Bridge for the existing LGA 1155 and Sandy Bridge-E for the new LGA 2011. Sandy Bridge-E is the new enthusiast class to replace the last generation like the i7-990X, and is a 130W design as opposed to Sandy Bridge's 90W design. The 2700K is anticipated to slot in at the current price of the 2600K, so the 2600K should come down a few dollars.

Cheers,

Derek

Sounds like you know your stuff Derek :)

"I think you are getting confused with the replacement for the 1366 platform, Alan."

Me confused ?...about computers ? ....highly likely . :D .....According to Dereck I might have got it right this time. lol

From what I read this week looks like the Ivy bridge is already shipping to laptop OEMs in Asia... 1.8ghz chips made with 22nm process and 3D transistor are the current specs. The goal apparently is to make Mac Air clones. So the LGA2011 is literally already obsolete at least for FS.

Archived