nHancer help wanted

Divot

Hi all,

I have been reading on these forums for a while about the benefits of using nHancer. Being a total graphics newbie, I was wondering if anyone can help me tweak my system to get the sharpest images my system can produce.

If someone can tell me what info they need to start with, it would be appreciated. I can start with the following:

Q6600 - not overclocked (?? 2.4 GHz I think ??)

4GB DDR2 RAM

8800 GT (not sure of RAM size - suspect 512MB)

I'll firm up these details later (if needed)

An 8800GT can use 8xS supersampling.  So in nHancer select the FSX profile, then check Anti-Aliasing, select supersampling and click 8xS.  You also want to check Enhance in-game AA setting, Gamma Correction, and Multi- transparency AA.  I don't recommend supersample transparency AA for FSX as it makes little to no visual difference and it's better to apply your GPU resources in other ways.

You also want check Anisotropic Filtering, and select 16x.  Then go to the Optimizations tab, check Texture Filtering, and select High Quality

This will set you up for the best image quality you can get with performance in mind.  You would also want to set your screen resolution in FSX to the highest your monitor will support.  If you're using a rediculously high resolution 8xS might be too much, but that should be fine up to 1920 resolutions.

Archived