ACRONYM'S

Bulldog

I know some of them but what about the rest e.g IMHO ??? etc  Pls

In my honest opinion.

As for my others well............. Go here and type in the acronym http://www.acronymfinder.com/ Just remember that using that acronym finder it may well give you a nicer meaning or a cleaner version to your going to have to fill in the blanks.

I know how you feel, I was a bit over whelmed with all the unintelligible language as well! But there are lots of places on the internet to refer to.

Another good acronym and initialism finding resource is "The Free Dictionary".

In My Honest Opinion i find it amazingly lazy that we cant even type out a word or two, but who cares what I think :)

To some degree I agree with your comment and I do try and type out most of my words but in the work place as a spoken words acronyms come thick and fast because there just easy to spit out rather than dribble on with a string of words.

We all need some TLC from time to time.  Acronyms serve two purposes.

First they make commonly used phrases quick to write, and to communicate.

Second, if you can read them and use them, then you're on the inside of the tent, one of the group.

It is not surprising that the internet, blogging and posting have spawned a whole set of acronyms - some are age based and we oldies don't try or want to know what they mean.  In fact on these threads there is no more than five or six that we regularly use.

FSX=WOFTAM (waste of f.... time and money) but I'm hooked and addicted.  Only treatment will help in a secure clinic.

Archived