Forum Fixed Please Hit CTRL+F5 To Load New Java

Jay Kae

Hi all,

After more than 24 hours of mucking around the forum is now fixed please as the topic says if you have any problems hit CTRL+F5 to load the new Java.

IF this does now work, please log out, clear your cache and temp files and cookies of your preferred browser and log back in.

Hi there Jay, I'm still having problems, there are no banners appearing at the top of the forum pages also the ORBX FTX logo/header is missing at the top of the forum page, in it's place is 'IPS community. I'm running the Opera browser v11.51 with a cleared cache, history and temp files. I have also upgraded Java. Everything else runs fine 8)

Only one minor problem here, the dot or star in front of the posts isn't showing here either. Using firefox 6.0.2. Did everything i had to do. Log out, clear history and all, close the browser and used windows clean up to mop up all the rest of the things.

Hi Jay,

I'm running IE9, did have the same problem as Stiletto2 and Christian, that seems to be OK now but am noticing the banner tabs only partially displayed and occasoinally the search box is missing or partial. They re-appear if I scroll or move my mouse into that area of the page. I have done as you recommend: checked browser for update software aok, logout, select blank page, empty browser cache + cookies, reopen Orbx forum, login, hit CTRL+F5.

Am I doing something wrong, I could really use your insights.

Using IE9 32bit browser not the 64bit browser on Win7 64 Pro

IE9 Version : 9.0.8112.16421

Update Version : 9.0.2 (KB2559049)

Cheers Jethro

Hi JayKae

Thanks for responding, I appreciate all the effort that you put into maintaining the forum, and as I said in my last post "Am I doing something wrong" because others don't seem to have this issue.

Here are a couple from this afternoon, Search Box and Banner Tabs partial display, unfortunatley hard to show what happens as I move mouse to those locations but they reappear only when mouse pointer hovers over.

Seems to happen most in (Tips, Tricks & Techniques) & FTX Compatibility Forum but can happen intermittently in other sections as well.

Cheers Jethro

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hi Jay Kae,

Thanks mate I know you're busy.

I think its an up-to-date IE9, I routinely allow Microsoft updates to install the newer stuff.

Using IE9 32bit browser not the 64bit browser on Win7 64 Pro ( Although the same happens with the 64bit browser )

IE9 Version : 9.0.8112.16421

Update Version : 9.0.2 (KB2559049)

Here is a snap of the latest installation file downloaded the other day, the version number corresponds with the one I have installed.

Posted Image

Q: Would you recomend a reinstallation of IE9

Q: Do I just install over the top or un-install back to IE8 and reinstall from there.

Many Thanks Jethro

Ok, that should all be good, yes, the windows temp files please as well mate. Then see if it still does it, if it does set all those above pics to the lowest try it again see what it does, if it still is not right I will have to have a deep think about it lol

Hi Jay Kae,

Looks like I've got to clean the windows (I hate that job) I'll also give the lower security settings a go also.

One question though did you notice the (Protected mode) check mark was only in the Internet tab and not in the other 2, not sure what it should be set to.

I'll come back later with an update when windows are squeaky clean. LOL

Deep thinking ! I can just picture batman in deep thinking mode.

Thankyou kindly Jethro

Hi Jay Kae,

That seems to have done the trick the little glitch is gone, I dont know what we'd do without you!

I tried to uncheck the Protected mode but IE keeps telling me to reactivate it because of increased security risk, Not quite sure about this increased risk thingy, I've also reset from Low back to Medium Security and all is well, I really appreciate the assist.

Thankyou Mate

Cheers Jethro

Archived