Taxiway lighting

chumley

Hello

I have been tweaking away with YMML and I have noticed that the taxiway lighting is not aligned with the line markings. Also in a couple of places I have noticed the line markings are omitted from the concrete texture on taxiways.

Should the lines and lights be aligned?

Aybe

The answer is yes... and no.

In the perfect computer generated world everything is pefect and things like Taxiway lines and taxi lights are nicely aligned.

In the real man made world eg YMML the taxi lines are painted by dudes driving funny looking go carts which paint the lines and are re painted every few years etc, while the lights are set in permenant positions. You can see the power cables for the lights on the runways and most noticable on Taxi M, N and E in the aspalt area. The diagonal lines which go to the centre lines.

What this means is overtime the lines and lights dont actually line up. Often in corners the lights are quite a way from the lines often cutting the inside of the corner.

This is the real YMML..... and i mean the real YMML based on my experience on the real taxiways of YMML.

On placement i have tried my best in time available to get the lights in the most accurate position as possible based on the Photo imagery in which you can actaully indentify the lights.

However i am aware of some glaring misalignments which need to be adjusted for the SP1, which as you can imagine is a fairly tedious task.

Hope you like the bidirectinal effect rater than the FSX unidirectional, something i really wanted to capture and to me works well.

Archived