Mini LCD Monitors. Opinions...

rockliffe

Sorry to hear it Howard, I cant help with the above, lack of experience

Been doing a bit of searching , this guy got his gps into the cockpit with working buttons using a 7" DVD player

http://www.computerr...a/Simulator.htm

Another...

http://www.mycockpit...al-GPS-with-FSX

Thanks for the help Alan. It's a real bummer.... I spoke with the guy from Lilliput UK, who is very helpful and even more helpful when I suggested if they can sort this out there is a massive potential market in the FS world. Which I don't think is an understatement... He's doing some tests to try and figure things out... in the meantime, if anyone can offer any suggestions I'd be grateful.

I feel kinda bad considering you followed my suggestion. Sorry it's not working out so far. All I can think of is that you make double sure the Display Link drivers are current via the link I gave you. It may also be the fact that I have a Radeon card and you have a GeForce

I feel kinda bad considering you followed my suggestion. Sorry it's not working out so far. All I can think of is that you make double sure the Display Link drivers are current via the link I gave you. It may also be the fact that I have a Radeon card and you have a GeForce

Hey Drew, no sweat, these things happen. I did in fact follow the link you provided and while the newer drivers allow the starting of FSX, theer is still no improvement with the actual use of the monitor in FSX itself. I think you have probably hit the nail on the head, there may well be some link with the different GPUs...

You need to link up the second monitor through an analogue connection unfortunately, S-video or composite (red jack lead) The older cards that i used for Video editing had a S_video out which I connected to a CRT TV, I was able to have my GPS and Radio Stack showing and resized on the TV screen, baring in mind the TV was 720 lines interlaced, which is how it is possible to have a portable DVD player display the results you are after Howard, the trick is the old fashioned S-Video or the RED, YELLOW and WHITE leads from the VIDEO CARD to the DISPLAY unit ::)

You need to link up the second monitor through an analogue connection unfortunately, S-video or composite (red jack lead) The older cards that i used for Video editing had a S_video out which I connected to a CRT TV, I was able to have my GPS and Radio Stack showing and resized on the TV screen, baring in mind the TV was 720 lines interlaced, which is how it is possible to have a portable DVD player display the results you are after Howard, the trick is the old fashioned S-Video or the RED, YELLOW and WHITE leads from the VIDEO CARD to the DISPLAY unit ::)

Mmmm, thanks Christian, problem is with these little guys, they simply have a USB connection :mellow:

That's what I feared Howard, FSX is pretty lame when it comes to low Resolutions, another thing MS should be aware of when designing 'Flight', Even though the FSX engine is still the best out there, the tech that lets us interact with that engine is now old school stuff. I have an ARCHOS media player that I sometimes link up to display the GPS as this has analogue connections, but I didn't buy it for that purpose, it was pre-IPad times then. If you have an S-Video connection on the back of your GPU you could connect it up to an Portable LCD TV and drag your GPS over to that and there wouldn't be a FPS hit, but the quality won't be terrific?

Howard, There's a seven day free trial with these people . Let us know how you get on if you go ahead.

http://www.simtouch.eu/

Cheers for the HU Alan. That looks very interesting. I am away from things for the week but when I get back next weekend I will download the demo and check it out. Thanks again for the info, cheers.

Archived