FTX PNW textures do not load after Service Pack 4

seby.h

I was having elevations problems with Bowerman airport and I saw a fix in the forum of running the demo uninstall tool. I ran the uninstall tool and the elevations at bowerman where fixed. I then installed the service pack 4 for PNW. The problem is that I now no longer get the paid ware PNW scenery which was installed.

I do not know if it it was the PNW Demo uninstall tool or the PNW Service Pack 4 that caused the problem(I had FTX NA applied for the install). I have noticed that the four enteries for PNW in FSX scenery Library are missing. I have tried adding them manually and moving them down where I have NRM and PFJ but FSX does not like it, it crashes when I try to load a flight.

How can I get PNW to reappear in FSX please.

Regards,

Sebastian

FTX NA PNW order no:FSS0098063 from The Flight Store

FTX AU Australia SP3 order no: FSS0098063 from The Flight Store

FTX NA NRM order no: FSS0114436

FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Fjords order no: FSS0114436

FTX: NA 1S2 Darrington Municipal Airport order no: FSS0114436

FTX: NA 3W5 Concrete Municipal Airport order no: FSS0114436

FTX: NA 7S3 Stark's Twin Oaks order no: FSS0114436

FTX: NA WA79 Walter Sutton's Private Strip order no: FSS0114436

FTX: AU YSCB Canberra Airport order no: FSS0114436

FTX: AU YBCS Cairns International Airport order no: FSS0114436

FTX: AU YHBA Hervey Bay Airport order no: FSS0114436

FTX: AU YBBN Brisbane International order no: FSS0114436

FTX: AU YPJT Perth Jandakot Airport order no: FSS0114436

FTX: AU YCDR Caloundra Airport order no: FSS0114436

FTX: AU YWVA Warnervale Airport order no: FSS0114436

FTX: AU YPEC Aeropelican Airport order no: FSS0114436

Hi Sebastian,

I may assume that you had the PNW demo v1 installed and you then uninstalled that with PNW installed, am I correct so far ?

so as you report you are now missing the whole PNW scenery package on your install

I would suggest to re-install the PNW DVD that you have and then re-install the PNW.004 update,

make sure FTXCentral is set to NA BEFORE installing the PNW.004 update

after the update the installer will revert fsx back to default, don't forget to switch it back to NA

when done all that then re-install the latest Library 110831 files, that should about cover it to bring it back up and running

if you have your main fsX install on a HDD then please run a defrag as that are a lot of files added,

if you have your main fsX install on a SSD then do NOT defrag that en go for a ride and enjoy the scenery ;)

let me know how you fare

Hi Wolter,

Yes you are correct, I uninstalled PNW Demo and installed PNW payware in Feb this year.

I was going to reinstall FTX PNW again but was worried it would mess up all the FTX NA airports I have installed.

When I looked in the ORBX Folders I found the missing files, so I think PNW might still be installed. But I am happy to reinstall PNW follow your suggestion and thus avoid taking up any more of your time.

I will re-install the files as per your instructions when I get home from work tonight. I Have a sapre HD in my PC for FSX and defrag it after every install and unistall. I am amazed how well your scenery runs on my £200 PC. I threw it together from second hand bits.

Before I do anything can you tell me...

Is it safe to reinstall PNW above the old installation PNW?

After I install the PNW do I have to move the files down in my FSX scenery library to be with the other FTX_NA areas FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY, FTX_NA_PNW06_CVX, FTX_NA_PNW07_MESH, FTX_NA_PNW08_CUSTOM?

Cheers,

Sebastian

ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_318165', { domLikeStripId: 'like_post_318165', app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '318165' }, parseInt('') );

Hello Wolter,

I am ::) very very happy, your instructions did the trick. I have flown around a bit and checked PNW and my NA airports, they all look fantastic again.

KHQM is the best free ware airport for FSX.

Thank you agian.

Archived