A Report

jgruschow

After several hours of experimenting I now have YMML working in GMax in an acceptable manner. FPS hardly ever drop below 20. Just occasionaly I get the odd flicker down to about 17/18.

My settings:  FPS unlocked.

AA set to 4

Maximum pre rendered frames 2

Anistropic filtering set on application controlled.

Clouds, none

Autogen set on normal

Airline traffic  100%

Airport vehicles 100%

Level of detail at medium. This, not surprisingly, gives a more realistic view.

So this at least verifies that Melbourne "works".

And it tells me that you need a top line computer to run it.

Well done John and the team.

Haven't found FPS to be a major issue for me, I expected some reduction with this level of scenery. My major issue has been a total blur of all scenery which happens at random, to fix this I got to the scenery library and hit ok. The blurriness is usually associated with my FSX menus disappearing, anyone know why the menus screw up? GPU running out of memory?

To reduce blurriness I disabled AI and disabled most of the sceneries features (anything landside and all vehicles), I also found locking the FPS at 20 worked best for me. I still have Nhancer set the AA at 8X Multisampling. The native mode of the scenery was just not an option for me, I would prefer not the use the scenery if I couldn't get the gmax version working.

For reference I use 8800GT, E6850 CPU, 4GB DDR2, 24" 1900 X 1200, and XP. No over clocking, just tweaks recommeded by ORBX.

Something which suprised me with YMML was the night scenery. The light transtion on the aprons is the best I've seen, I'll be flying more at night now, well done ORBX.

Mark

Haven't found FPS to be a major issue for me, I expected some reduction with this level of scenery. My major issue has been a total blur of all scenery which happens at random, to fix this I got to the scenery library and hit ok. The blurriness is usually associated with my FSX menus disappearing, anyone know why the menus screw up? GPU running out of memory?

To reduce blurriness I disabled AI and disabled most of the sceneries features (anything landside and all vehicles), I also found locking the FPS at 20 worked best for me. I still have Nhancer set the AA at 8X Multisampling. The native mode of the scenery was just not an option for me, I would prefer not the use the scenery if I couldn't get the gmax version working.

For reference I use 8800GT, E6850 CPU, 4GB DDR2, 24" 1900 X 1200, and XP. No over clocking, just tweaks recommeded by ORBX.

EXACTLY the same results for me. Running in native mode sorts it, but I prefer the FTX version too.

My specs: 8800GT, E6850 CPU Q6600 overclocked to 390mhz , 4GB DDR2, 40" 1900 X 1200, and XP. with tweaks recommeded by ORBX.

Be great to see if someone discovers a way to squeeze more out of the cards to beat the menu and blur issue..

Archived